June 30, 2021 is the deadline for publishing of the non-activity declaration for the year ended 31 December 2020 in the Commercial Register and the NGOs Register, through an economic publication or via the Internet.
According the Bulgarian Accountancy Act the following legal persons are obliged to submit a declaration of lack of activity:
- companies that did not carry out business activities in 2020;
- non-profit legal entities (associations, foundations and community centers), whether in public or private benefit, who are re-registered with the Registry Agency.
Non re-registered NGOs, that did not carry out activities in 2020, must publish a non-activity declaration through a business publication or Internet by 30 June 2021. The declaration can be published on the website of the respective NGO as well.
In case where a non-activity declaration for 2019 has been announced and if no activity has been carried out during 2020, companies and NGOs will not submit a new declaration this year.
For submission of a declaration of lack of activity to the Commercial Register and the Register of NGOs the following documents are required:
- Application, Model G3;
- Standard form declaration of lack of activity under Art. 38, para. 9, item 2 of the Accountancy Act;
- Declaration of lack of activity under Art. 38, para. 9, item 2 of the Accountancy Act, in which personal data, except those required by law, are deleted;
- Standard form affidavit that the circumstance to be registered with the Commercial Register and the NGOs Register are true and genuine;
- Power of attorney.
The attorneys have the right to file the documents in the Commercial Register and the NGOs Register by an electronic signature. As well, the power of attorney is not required to be notarized.
The accountants are NOT entitled to submit non-activity declarations to the Commercial Register and the NGOs Register.
No state fee for publishing a declaration of lack of activity is due.
By July 31, 2021, the Registry Agency must send to the National Revenue Authority a list of the companies and NGOs who have applied for announcing in the Commercial Register and the Register of non-profit legal entities a non-activity declaration. Bear in mind that the persons who have not fulfilled their obligation to publish the said declaration within the stipulated time face severe fines.
Additionally, companies and NGOs that did not carry out activities in 2020 have an obligation to declare the said circumstances with the National Statistical Institute not later than 30 June 2021.
We can assist you and file a declaration of lack of activity of your company or NGO. You do not need to come to our office! Save time and efforts by contacting us via e-mail: email@example.com. We will submit your documents to the Commercial Register and to the NGOs Register the same day and send you a notification with an incoming number.